Busting out coffee (or caffeinated beverage of their choice) playwrights from across Ontario participated in Pat the Dog’s annual 6th Annual 24-hour playwriting contest this weekend. Using the three words: tattoo, butter and dig for inspiration our playwrights churned out a variety of original plays.
Our judges this year were: Luke Brown, Wendy Philpott, Laine Zisman Newman, Jessica Anderson, Matthew Heiti and Lisa O’Connell. Scripts are submitted using a blind submission process.
This year’s winners are:
First Place: Madeleine Jullian of Toronto for Bunk*R,
Second Place: Rain Chan of Toronto for The Virus
Third Place: Louise Visneskie of Sudbury for What’s the Plan?
As our Grand Prize Winner Madeleine Jullian receives:
$500 and a reading
Chan and Visneskie each receive a gift certificate to the Playwright’s Canada Press.
Congratulations to our winners and everyone who took part! Until next time.
It’s baaaack. Pat the Dog Theatre Creation is thrilled to announce that we are hosting our sixth annual 24-Hour Playwriting Contest.
Grind those coffee beans, bust out that snuggie, stock up on chocolate, and get ready to hit the keys from 4:00PM on Friday, October 3, 2014, to 4:00PM Saturday, October 4, 2014. All you need is a computer and some imagination. You can hit the keys at home, in a coffee shop, on a bus… the location is up to you. There’s no entry fee and no restrictions on final script length. All you have to do is write an original script using three secret words– in 24 hours. How easy is that?
- The contest runs from 4:00 PM on Friday, October 3, 2014 to 4:00 PM on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
- The contest is open to anyone living in Ontario. Space is limited to the first 30 entrants, accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entrants can work from a page of prepared notes, but all plays are to be original works.
- The script must include, in some form, the three secret words we select. These words will be emailed to the participants at 4:00 PM on Friday, October 3, 2014.
- Participants must email their play to the designated email address no later than 4:00 PM on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
- Scripts must be in electronic format (acceptable extensions include .doc, .docx or .pdf), written in 12 point Arial, Courier or Times Roman, double-spaced between speaking parts, and formatted for 8 1/2” X 11” paper.
- The title page should contain the title of the play, your name, contact number and email. The play itself must NOT contain your name, but have a header with the play title and page numbers.
- To register fill out our entry form and send it to email@example.com.
Prizes & Notification:
Winners will be announced on our website and Twitter/Facebook pages (@PatTheDogPDC) on Monday, October 6, 2014. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First Place: $500 and a workshop of the winning script
- Second place: $50 gift certificate to Playwright’s Canada Press
- Third place $25 gift certificate to Playwright’s Canada Press