Part of the IMPACT Festival
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Write a play in 24 hours with only one page of notes and no sleep.
- WHO: First 30 playwrights to enter.
- WHEN: 4:00 PM, Friday, September 25, 2009 until 4:00 PM Saturday, September 26th.
- WHERE: Kitchener City Hall or your home. It’s up to you.
- WHY: Because sometimes creativity needs a little push.
- HOW: Bring your laptop and a page of notes to Kitchener City Hall and let the words and adrenaline flow. If you’d rather write at home, that’s okay too. Just let us know you’re participating off-site on the entry form. Here is the form: 24-hour Entry Form)
WINNERS: We’ll announce the winner on Tuesday, September 29th at 2:00 PM at the Seven Shores Café on 8 Regina, Street, Waterloo. Join us for snacks and to find out who wins the grand prize of $500 and a staged reading.
Cost: FREE. No really. But we couldn’t do it without the generous support of
Contest Rules & Regulations:
- The contest is open to all Ontario residents, except contest Jurors. Space is limited and entrants are accepted on a first come, first served basis. To enter you must fill out and submit an entry form. 24-hour Entry Form
- Entrants can either write on site at Kitchener City Hall or off site at a location of their choosing. NO matter where you write, the time lines still apply. Please specify which location you prefer when you fill in your entry form.
- Entrants who choose to write the play on-site are responsible for bringing their own laptop.
- Entrants can work from a page of notes, but all plays are to be original works.
- Entrants writing on-site should be at City Hall by 3:30 PM. The contest will begin at 4:00 PM sharp on Friday, September 25th.
- For on-site entrants, finished plays, and the page of notes, will be collected at 4:00PM on Saturday, September 26, 2009. Off-site participants must email their play and page of notes to email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM.
- Scripts must be in electronic format (acceptable extensions include .doc .rtf .pdf or .txt), written in 12 point font (Arial or Times Roman), double-spaced between speaking parts, and formatted for 8 1/2” X 11” paper. Title page should contain the title of the play, your name, contact number and email. The play itself must NOT contain your name, but have a header with the play title and page numbers.
Prizes & Notification:
- First place prize will be $500 and a staged reading of the winning script.
- Winners will be announced on the Pat the Dog website and at the Seven Shores Urban Café on Tuesday, September 29th, 2009 at 2:00 PM.