Pat the Dog is now accepting applications for Theatre Creators’ Reserve
Pat the Dog Playwright Centre has been chosen as a recommender for funding by the Ontario Arts Council under its Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program. As part of this program, individual professional artists and collectives can apply for funding directly to Pat the Dog Playwright Centre using an official OAC application. The program will support creators in the creation and development of new work. These grants offer artists and collectives the opportunity to conduct research or to work on a first draft or subsequent drafts of a play.
Equal consideration will be given to:
- new plays or projects by artists who have had an association with Pat the Dog Playwright Centre;
- artists who are new to Pat the Dog Playwright Centre;
- artists interested in exploring new and innovative forms of theatrical expression.
Before you write your application, please read the TCR Guidelines thoroughly. You can find them here.
- TCR Application Form (3 copies) from the Ontario Arts Council, available here, and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Support Material (1 copy):
- A summary of the play or project, maximum 1 page.
- A development plan with timeline and objectives including the overall vision of the project, maximum 2 pages.
- Resume and bio on the playwright and other artists involved.
- Sample pages: a recently written script or sample pages from the proposed project, minimum 15 pages.
Please submit materials by mail only to:
Pat the Dog Playwright Centre
at the Walper Hotel
20 Queen Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 1V6
Deadline for submissions is December 7, 2012.
Questions? Concerns? Just want to chat about your project? Feel free to email Lisa O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org.